After completing the “Meeting Asciepius” exercise, I felt a closer bond with my deceased grandmother for a split second….the exercise was working and I could not believe it! And then it happened…I drifted off L. I tried to do better in this exercise than I did in the first, but those waves had me out on a beach with my grandmother.. and then she was floating away on the waves. Next thing I knew, Dacher was wrapping up the exercise! I was really ready for this exercise, I think that I will give it another shot and try hard to focus better the next time around.
Overall, mindfulness has fostered an increase in my spiritual wellness. For some reason I feel more whole, better in tune and connected to myself…if that makes any sense at all. I can continue to apply these practices in my life to foster greater health and wellness by continuing to embrace meditative practices, creating a stillness in my mind, and praying regularly.
“One cannot lead another where one has not gone himself” …this saying applies to the health and wellness professional. In layman’s terms…you have to have walked the walk in order to talk the talk! Who wants assistance from a wellness professional that can’t relate to their journey or even understand their goals and objectives? I for one, want to work with someone that I can relate too…we’ll have a better working relationship if I can relate to my wellness professional J. As a wellness profession, I also feel as though I owe it to each and every client to develop my own personal health psychologically, physically and spiritually. If I can become whole and work on pursuing integral health, I will be a better leader as I continue to lead by example (www.leadersbyexample.org).
Mikel,
ReplyDeleteI understand completely that you felt more connected to your deceased Grandmother. I loved this exercise and think I could use it by visualizing different people at different times depending on the knowledge and love I needed to tap into at the time. Since you were aware of Dacher's voice coming back and ending the exercise, maybe you weren't actually asleep. It sounds to me like you were just in that altered state of consciousness where you have tuned out your surroundings completely. When I went to sleep during one of the exercises I woke up and the CD was over, I wasn't even woken up by the voice change or the voice stopping. Maybe you are doing better than you think! Practice will make perfect. Make sure you do the exercise at a time of day when you are most alert and not as tired.
By the way, I keep meaning to tell you that I love the name of your blog. I think all women want to feel like a princess, but I love the onion layered description. We are definitely all made up of many layers and aspects that make us who we are. We are complex beings and that is why integral medicine is so important!
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteMikel, I love reading your blog. You are very well written and express yourself in a way that really draw the reader in.
ReplyDeleteI agree that in order to talk the talk you need to walk the walk. What we can learn from life and experience is beyond anything learned from a book. Experience is the best teacher.
ReplyDeleteI also feel and handle things differently since taking this class and putting in the effort. There is a sense of calm and the feeling that I can handle things that come up better than before. We are lucky to have this awakening and sharing it with others will be great and rewarding.
@ Lori,
ReplyDeleteMy word! You are a frickin genius!!! Lori for President…you definitely have my vote! You are right,the more and more I think about it, the more I have to agree with you...I wasn’t asleep after all.I feel like I’m actually getting somewhere *smiling ear to ear*. And as far as my blog title is concerned,
Im so complex, I make myself cry (get it…like an onion…lol).
@ Naomi,
Thanks so much. I write how I speak and I tend to be very animated :-)
@ Char,
You are so right, the things we are learning in this course are life changing and
To hold it all inside without sharing any of the information would be a grave injustice!
I had my person be Jesus because of the beams of light and healing power they are supposed to bestow on you in the exercise it just fit for me to choose him. But I agree the waves got me too. I was feeling so close to him, while being relaxed and was waiting for the speaker to go on. While the waves kept coming and crashing then my mind drifted off. I did get mad and then realized how bad my mind is with drifting off. For instants when I pray for people my mind ends up drifting on about I wonder how they are doing and before I know it I forgot I was praying. I hate that I apologize to God try to get back on track in order to continue and thank him.
ReplyDelete