Drum roll please…..the winning exercises for this course have to be the two that challenged my mind the most. As I stand on top of this Dacher CD as though I am standing on a mountaintop, I scream at the top of my lungs with my eyes filled with tears………..I’ve conquered you! Finally….no falling asleep….truly aware of all of my feelings…experiencing every healthy human emotion known to man…..I did it…I finally did it! Did I doze off, NO! Did I have to start over because of a distraction, NO!
Each one of the exercises that we’ve completed for class helped me in some way, shape, or form, but these two in particular helped me the most. By weeding out the bad emotions, thoughts, and feelings, and replacing them with happy and heartfelt emotions, I successfully completed the “Subtle Mind” and “Loving Kindness” exercises.
My breathing has changed and I am more aware of my mood changes before they happen. Because I am able to do this, I can use deep breathing techniques to control any negative emotions before I unleash them. Upon completion, I was alert and felt very refreshed. The next item on my to-do list is to complete each and every exercise and rotate through them daily so that I can continue to reach a state of integral health and continue to foster mental fitness.
No comments:
Post a Comment