After practicing the Universal Loving Kindness exercise, I can conclude that this exercise was the best out of all of the ones that I’ve completed to date. This exercise was short and the point. As a matter of fact, in my opinion it was a prayer. I felt as though I were speaking directly to God asking him to help free individuals, allow them to be whole and allow me the opportunity to assist them to to get to where they need/want to me.
After completing the Integral Assessment, I realize that I have come very far, but there is still so much more for me to do. There are many facets of my life that need to grow and develop. Each area of my life is like a newborn child, ready to take off in a million different directions, but the stillness of my mind helpa me to refocus my thoughts so that I can address and mature each of these areas one at a time.
The assessment process was a calming and eye opening process. I discovered that I can control the thoughts that race through my mind. It takes me less time to enter into a state of calmness than it did when the exercises were first presented. The area that I have chosen to be a focus of growth and development is the worldly aspect of my life. I tend to stay to myself and not allow anyone outside of my immediate circle to enter into “my world” but this blog, my weight loss group, and facebook have all allowed me the opportunity to share pieces of myself to the world as I see fit. Addressing the worldly aspect of life isn’t so hard, just as long as I can do it at my pace in my own time
-OLP
Mikel
ReplyDeleteBeing aware of the need for change is important to our development and final goal of unity. I think you are off to a great start. The beauty of the integral assessment is that it helps to being thoughts and needs into focus so you can understand what you need to do next. I am glad you are opening up to the world. It is a pleasure to be in class with you.
Jenny